This video will show you how to point your Wix domain name to a different hosting provider by changing the A and CNAME DNS zones. I discovered that Wix does not allow updating of the name servers, which forced me to find an alternative method of pointing my clients domain to my web hosting server.
After struggling to follow the only tutorial I could, I decided the world needed a simplified tutorial, and here we are.
Steps To Point Your Wix Domain To A Different Web Hosting Server
- Login to your Wix dashboard.
- From the top right side drop down menu, select Domains.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under the A DNS zone, swap out the IP with the IP shown in your hosting dashboard.
- Under the CNAME DNS zone, enter your domain under Host Name and Points To.
- Save and wait up to 24 hours for the change to go through.